Sunday, October 10, 2010

Throw it all out there

We are all familiar with the parable of the sower. I know for myself, if I'm planting a garden, I'm only going to plant seeds in some good tilled up, fertilized soil. And if I'm honest with myself, that's how I see people some times. Some people just look like they would be more receptive to the Gospel.  But Jesus doesn't teach us that way. He wants us to spread the seed to EVERYONE! It's not our job to decide who looks well tilled and who is just a rocky path. And honestly, what do we know? There's a chance someone could have already been showing love and kindness for that person, or praying for that person every day. They may look like rocky ground, but their heart could be as fertile as Arkansas delta soil. So sow God's word and love to EVERYONE, no matter what you think their soil type might be.

Ray Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment