Monday, October 11, 2010

the Gardening Club isn't for Nerds

God’s love is contagious……. Jesus says that, in the Kingdom of God, when a seed is planted, that it begins to take root and grow into something amazing.  I think a lot of times we don’t realize the potential of a small seed….Just taking the time to let your light shine.  Maybe that means talking to someone about Christ, or maybe just living a life that properly reflects His love.  I may be straying from this passage’s initial purpose, but when I read this, I felt convicted.  I can’t speak for anyone else, but so many times I go through my days and weeks and months proud of myself if I talk to 1 person about God.  If I share the love of Christ 1 time in a week or month’s time, I feel pretty good about what I have done.  But God didn’t make us to be “part-time gardeners”.  If I have a feeling of contentment with every seed I plant, my heart is in the wrong place.  My creation’s purpose is to take the ground God has given me, and simply sow.  If I do not devote my life to sharing Christ, then I am not living out my purpose,  and I am wasting my life…..and the result of that could be people dying lost. 
I believe the businesscard God gave us looks something like this
Kingdom of Heaven, Inc
(place name here)
Gardener
"Jesus, I want to be working full-time for your purpose for my life.  Help us to be a contagious church that never becomes content with each seed sown."

No comments:

Post a Comment