Monday, October 25, 2010

didn't you know.....

Luke 2.49; 4.4-43
There were several times throughout my childhood when I had disappeared, and my parents didn’t have a clue to where I was.  They would start freaking, probably a lot like Mary & Joseph.  The normal scenarios that ran through their minds were usually, “Off in the woods with a broken leg”, or something crazy, where I had somehow maimed myself.  I wish I could look back and say all those times I was spending time with my Father, but most of the time my parents scenarios were closer to the truth. 
I started thinking, (and thus begin my digression) I don’t normally go missing for a period of time, but, to me, this statement Jesus made means more than just:  49"Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?".  I think Jesus was making the statement “My Father’s work takes priority above all else........you should know that.” 
So when stuff comes up in my life, I want every person who I have encountered to know that “my Father’s work takes priority above everything else…..no doubt about it”.  Or when my faith or my morals are tested, that people will already know that my faith is grounded and I won’t do anything to compromise my morals and the God who gave them to me.  The way Jesus responded to Mary and Joseph with “Why were you looking for me?  Didn’t you know…?”, He thought it should be obvious to them that His Father was #1.  So shouldn’t we want to make it obvious to everyone around us? 
Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment