Sunday, October 24, 2010

Did He say "ALL" the world?

There is a reason that "Jesus" is Jesus and that "Ray Bob" is NOT Jesus. As early as I can remember, my dad taught me to stand up for myself. At the beginning of this section, Jesus lets himself be led away by an angry mob. And if I had never read this before, I would have thought "AWE COME ON, SMITE THESE GUYS!" But Jesus, being infinite in wisdom, knew the path before him and lets God's plan for Him and for US come to pass. I don't think that I, if I had had limitless power, could have let myself be drug away to suffering and death. Jesus did, and for that we owe Him all of our thanks and praise.

At the end of Mark, Jesus gives the great commission. I LOVE that our church is so focused on this. I think it's awesome that we plant churches in the hardest to reach places. I get excited when our missionaires come in and have a project and we get to help out. It's so awesome to think that even though I'm not there, I'm helping them complete the work and spread the name of Jesus ALL OVER the world. I look foward to the day when JESUS is the most recognized name in all the Earth!

Jesus, give us oppertunities to spread your name daily. Let the Name of Jesus be recognized in every continent, country, region, and village. Give us the drive that we have never known before to make your Name known in all creation.

Ray Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment