Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hard mode

When I was younger, I used to play a lot of video games. When I first started, I would always set the difficulty to easy. It didn't take much effort, but starting out I wasn't that good either. With Jesus, he kicked the Christian life into "hard mode". No longer do you think marriage is tough and issue a certificate of divorce. This is now sin in all but God specified instances. And just following the ten commandments isn't enough. It's abandoning all you have to follow Christ. It's not easy. It's challenging. The cost of following Jesus can be high. But we owe him nothing less for him bearing all our sin on the cross. I'm thankful he paid the price for me. I hope I always remember what my freedom cost, and am always willing to lay it on the line for Him!

Ray Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment