Sunday, October 3, 2010

Better use what you've got!

For someone with little or no knowledge of the scriptures, it would be easy to think this passage is Jesus giving us a lesson on investing money. And that's partly true. It is about investing. It's about us using our God given "talent". He gave each of us certain things we are good at, and we're supposed to use those things to bring Him glory and point others to Christ. I think about pastor Brad. He has an amazing talent to play the piano, write songs, and lead people in worship. He's using his talents for God. Now I know this is a stretch, but think about Whitney Houston. Amazing voice! But what did she do with her God given talent? When you get to the end of the verse...it kind of scares me! I know there are things I'm pretty good at. Am I remembering to use those gifts to bring Him glory and honor? I better be!

Ray Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment