Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rest

Blog Host: Ray Bob Harrison
Matthew 11:4-30

"Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida!" "And you, Capernaum..."
I have to say I've skimmed this passage passage before. I knew they were old cities and that they had messed up and were in trouble. I never slowed down to see why. "If the miracles that were performed in you had been perfromed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgement than for you." (23,24)
WHOA! If Sodom was destroyed by fire from the sky, then how much worse was it for those guys? They saw the power and miracles of Jesus, and still didn't repent!

Yesterday, we dug up three pods of pompous grass from our yard. Three pods, and it took about five hours. I haven't been that tired in a long time! Being out in the world can be exhausting too. Luckily, most of the people I work with are Christians. I wasn't so lucky in my last job. And I have to say, at times it was spiritually exhausting. Jesus said "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (28) I had to stand on that promise alot in those three years. I'm glad to know that our Savior gives us rest, and helps us to make it through each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment