Thursday, September 2, 2010

EVERY DAY LIFE

Jesus Words’ Bible Study

Blog Host: Montez Porter
September 2, 2010
Scripture: Matthew 5:3-20




       Let me first start off saying that I'm totally honored to be one of the host of the Jesus' Words Bible Study.  When Pastor Jay asked me if I would be one of the host's, I couldn't say no.  


       I wonder, have you ever just took a step back and looked at life the way other people look at it?  Have you ever just payed attention to how everyone treat each other?  Not to long ago, I was siting outside and down the street I seen a woman fighting a man.  The woman wasn't right in the head but she is still a precious daughter of God.  I found out a few days later that she was okay and what made it so crazy to have witness this was that, it was one my friends mother.  It struck me that no mater what you do things will always happen to you.   


        The way you treat people shows how much faith you have in God. Let me let you into my high school life.   When i was at McClellan High School, I was one of the popular students at the school.  One day i was walking down the hall and i got bumped pretty hard.  Now being who I am I know two things, I could bump him back and start a fight or i can show kindness and mercy.  Of course i did showed kindness and mercy.  Because of the way I treat others, I have been blessed more than once by God.  He protected my mother when I almost lost her not once but twice; I graduated with a wonderful 3.850 grade point average; I have a wonder family at Metro and First Assembly not including the blood family that i have.  


       When we look at the passage for today, Jesus says some very powerful things and this has become one of my most favorite passages.  3"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.4Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.5Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. 10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. 


        Now i don't know about you but this is very power coming from the mouth of our SAVIOR.  As you read this i ask that God would put someone upon your heart to bless and for you to be blessed as well.  Thank you and may God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. 2 points I would like to make:
    #1 No matter how much our world changes, the word of God remains solid. Our misguidance or the churches muddy religion does not change the Law, but only misleads the world: ....not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
    #2 We as Christians have the eternal abligation to fully represent and dislay Gods entire law and love. If our actions cause others to sin and be mislead...WOW! :who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

    God give us the wisdom to interpret Your entire Word the way you meant it to be! And give us the strenth to properly represent Your Law and Your irresistable Love to our world!

    ReplyDelete