Saturday, September 25, 2010

Matthew 21:27-42


I look at the parable between the repentant son and the unrepentant son from a mother’s eyes.  If I had asked my children to do a certain task and one’s reaction was eventually obedient and the other’s reaction was to just dismiss me, I believe I would be displeased more with the one who dismissed me.  

Even though repentant child disobeyed at first, he eventually wised up and did what he knew was right.

As I frequently say in my house, it’s a “heart issue”.  If we deep down know what is right and eventually do it anyway, it’s better than not doing anything at all.  In life there are always choices we have to make.  Will we obey or not?  

Another thing my children often hear me say "You know better than that!"  What do we need to change so God doesn't say "You know better than that!"


Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment