Monday, September 13, 2010

Matthew 12.3-8, 11-13, 25-37

In this passage, Jesus goes from making some Pharisees look a fool with just a few words, to casting out demons and healing the sick, back to making some Pharisees look a fool. Jesus talks about doing works on the Sabbath. He teaches about the connection between our heart and the fruits we produce. And also, he talks about how we all have to give an account for the words we say. But, one of the things that stood of to me in this passage is confrontation. I love reading how Jesus handles confrontation, and it seems that everywhere he went he ran into it. When the Pharisees harassed Jesus, he would respond with the “Law”. He was so full of the Truth, that when His bucket was kicked, Truth is what came out….I would have probably just slapped a Pharisee. It makes me ask myself, “What am I full of, and when my bucket is kicked what’s going to come out?”  What do you guys think???



Jesus, I want to be so full of You, that You overflow into every situation that I face. That when my world is rocked, your truth is the only thing people see!

-Dustin


No comments:

Post a Comment