Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog Host: Ray Bob Harrison
Passage: Matthew Chapter 17
9-19-10


Have you ever wondered why (and this happened several times) Jesus would tell some disciples not to speak about something that had happened until after his death. I'm just thinking some of this cool stuff, like getting transfigured, would have a MAJOR effect on some unbelievers. I really don't have an answer for that...I'm just thinking out loud.

The second part of the chapter made me scratch my head, too. Now, I like to think that I at least have a LITTLE faith. And I've seen a mustard seed...they're pretty small. Jesus tells me that if I have faith as small as a mustard seed, I can move mountains. I know I'm not literally trying to move mountains. But there's stuff I've prayed for in my life and it hasn't happened yet. Does that mean I don't have any faith? I used to have alot of problems with that. As I've gotten older and read more of God's word, I've tried to see more of God's timing. Just because I haven't seen what I prayed for yet, doesn't mean God won't answer the prayer. He waits for His PERFECT time, when answering the prayer will have maximum impact on anyone around that doesn't know Jesus. And that gives me peace, because it's more than worth it to see answered prayers bring people to Christ.

I love the last section of this chapter. I think its awesome to catch fish anyway, but fish with money in their mouth?? That would be too cool. It looks to me like Peter didn't have any money to pay the temple tax. Jesus (by way of a fish) pays the tax for both of them. And he does that for us. He made way for us when we couldn't pay the price.

Jesus, thank you for paying the price for me, and for everyone else. We love you for all that you do. Help us to keep our eyes on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment