Sunday, November 21, 2010

On the 7th day...

If Jesus did it, then it's good. Right? Absolutely. If I were to ask the question, "Where and when was the last place you tried to show Christ in your life?" I imagine I'd hear "at work" or "eating lunch last week", and these are both great. Let's not forget that we can have a HUGE impact on Sunday, too. Today's story shows Jesus healing an invalid on the Sabbath. Back then, you weren't supposed to do any "work" on the Sabbath. It was a day of rest. Some rules were made up to go as far as to say how many steps you could go in that one day. I mean come on! Sunday's I think more than any other we are on display when we go out into the world. We're dressed up, and most people in central Arkansas are going to assume you just came from or are headed to church. So immediately you have an oppertunity to SMILE, have a good attitude, and maybe strike up a conversation about how church was. We have oppertunties to change some people's stereotype that church-goers are rude, don't care about others, impatient, only look out for themselves...the list could go on and on. Let's be different EVERY day of the week, especially when all eyes are on us. And I'm in no way trying to preach or accuse anyone. I think we already do a great job of this. A few weeks ago Laura and I went out to eat with Pastor Gary and Chelsey after PM service. I remember that PG spent time talking to our waitress, asking how her night was going, smiling, laughing, and showing her that a few couples from church cared about her. I don't know how the rest of her day/night went, but I know for the hour we were there she had a table that showed an interest in her as a person, not just as our waitress. So remember to take EVERY oppertunity, EVERY day, to show people that we love them. In doing that, we show Christ's love to them as well.

Ray Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment