Monday, November 1, 2010

justification

Scripture: Luke 10.18-42
Dustin


You know, it’s interesting how I try to justify the good things I do as “enough”. How I give a certain portion of my time, energy and emotion, and I roll it around in my mind trying to justify what I have done as “good enough” or “I’ve done enough”. Or love the people around me who love me back, and say “Yeah, I love enough people” The expert in the law in verses 25-37 does, what sound like me, the same thing. After Jesus told Him to go and ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, Love your neighbor as yourself’ the Bible says: 29 “But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?””, or “am I loving enough people”?

If we have truly given our lives to Christ, we will never have a justification point….a point where we ask “is this is good enough”. Jesus didn’t ask for the part of our lives we don’t have currently tied down, but He asks for all of it. And if I am devoted to following Christ, I will never reach a point where something is simply good enough….”I love enough”, “I give enough”, “I sacrifice enough”. When we say this, it’s a slap in the face of Christ who never said it was “enough” when he was being mocked, or spit on, or whipped, or beat, or crucified.

No comments:

Post a Comment