Sunday, December 5, 2010

But, but...I don't wanna go!

It amazes me how I've seen different sides to Bible stories while doing this blog. Acts chapter 9 tells the story of Saul's conversion. Reading it this time I took away something totally different than I had in times past. Jesus speaks to Saul on the road to Damascus, and this is a very powerful thing. I think what He says to Ananias is even more powerful. Jesus basically says Hey, there's a guy coming, and you're going to lay hands on him and his sight will be restored. Oh by the way, it's Saul of Tarsus. At that point I imagine Ananias started to freak out! I think his heart started racing and he started sweating. I mean, did Jesus REALLY know about this Saul guy? The one locking up all the Christians? Today it would be like Jesus appearing to you and saying "Kim Jong Il has been struck with blindness and you will be the one to place hands on him." If Ananias wasn't scared, then I'm sure he was angry about all the stuff Saul had done. I have to admit I would be the same way if I was told to go and see Kim Jong Il. But you know what? A meeting with Jesus changed Saul. A meeting with Jesus will change ANYONE. And look at the difference one person made in the world. I need to remember that no matter what I think about someone, no matter what that person may have done in the past, Jesus changes people. And it's our job to spread His Name so that people can be changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment